Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why am I the Busiest Mom?

I guess I need to explain why I am so busy. I am the mother of three children who don't say no to anything. They play rec ball, school ball, travel ball, (in two sports), music, attend church, and then add the friend factor. My husband is the head football and basketball coach at the middle school where he teaches, as well as the athletic director. Then there is me. I am an early childhood education teacher at a high school. I teach 11th and 12th graders how to work in the child care industry. I am also the director of the onsite preschool. This is the learning lab for my high school students. I am the county program contact for More at Four, a state wide program that targets at risk preschoolers. I am the contact for a grant our county received called a "Ready Schools Grant" that is working to make sure all schools are ready for all children. It works to make sure the school meets the child where they are, a kind of closing the gap you could say. I also am a co-advisor for a student organization called FCCLA (Family, Community, and Career Leaders of America.).
These things keep us very busy, but...we always make time for family each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment